These sweet miniature cinnamon muffins have soft and fluffy vanilla centers and are topped with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. I’ve also shared a video just below the recipe showing you how I make these muffins in my own kitchen!
“You ate all of them? Really? Already?”
“Yeah, they’re all gone”
“But there were 24 of them!”
I had to check the pan and, as my brother had promised, there was nothing but an empty cinnamon/sugar covered muffin tin sitting on my stovetop. Every single cinnamon muffin had been eaten, and I’d just pulled them out of the oven less than 10 minutes earlier.
Not that I’m complaining. One of the hardest things about baking all day every day is offloading all the baked goods that my kitchen produces. So, when 2 or 3 (or 4) of my siblings (plus my mom, who comes over to help with the baking and the never-ending dishes) stop over to hang out while I’m baking, I’m always glad to have taste testers on hand.
But still, 24 muffins in 10 minutes?
This mini cinnamon muffin recipe was already a hit in my family, so I really shouldn’t have been too surprised. My mom has been making these cinnamon muffins for years (we always called them “cinni-mini-muffins”, it’s less of a mouthful), the recipe pulled from a ragged magazine over a decade ago.
They’re sweet and simple, and while I’ve stayed fairly true to the recipe, I made just a few small adjustments (because I literally don’t know how not to anymore) that I think help to make them just a touch softer and more flavorful.
A little vanilla extract in the batter, a spoonful of cornstarch (it really makes such a difference!), real butter instead of margarine, and buttermilk instead of skim milk, just little changes that help make these cinnamon muffins excellent.
Good enough for a swarm of my siblings to devour 24 of them in less than 10 minutes.
Plus they’re bathed with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar while they’re still warm out of the oven. Hard to say no to that!
Muffins seem to be pretty popular around here recently (with my banana muffins and chocolate chip muffins going absolutely nuts over the past few weeks — nothing makes my day as much as your kind comments telling me how much you enjoyed one of my recipes!) so I’m hoping these cinnamon muffins will fit right in and you will enjoy these just as much.
Also, I enjoy making muffin videos because they’re much easier than some of the other recipes I’ve been filming recently! 🤣I promise, if you watch my videos I do have recipes that aren’t baked breakfast goods coming up next week!
Enjoy, and try not to eat them all at once 😉
How to Make Mini Cinnamon Muffins
Please see the video just below the recipe on how I make these cinnamon muffins in my own kitchen! If you enjoy watching my cooking videos, I’d love it if you would consider subscribing to my YouTube channel <3
Mini Cinnamon Muffins
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter melted (60g)
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and line a 24 count mini muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease and flour.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cornstarch salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl and whisk until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- While still whisking the wet ingredients, slowly pour butter until incorporated (mixture may curdle slightly).
- Add dry ingredients to wet and, using a spatula, gently stir ingredients together until just combined -- do not over-mix or your muffins will be dense and dry!
- Portion muffin batter into prepared mini muffin tin, filling each liner ¾ of the way full.
- Transfer to 375F (190C) oven and bake for 11-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (not wet batter, there should be crumbs or the toothpick should be clean, but don't over-bake muffins or they will be dry).
- Prepare your topping by brushing butter over each muffin while still warm.
- Stir together sugar and ground cinnamon and then sprinkle over each muffin.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Treat yourself to a FREE E-BOOK!