This Raspberry Cheesecake Dessert Pizza uses an easy homemade pizza dough for chewy, not-too-sweet results. It takes less than an hour to make and is 100% from-scratch!
100% From-Scratch Raspberry Pizza
So many dessert pizzas use sugar cookie dough as the base, and while this is convenient, it can be way too sweet. Plus it’s technically not a pizza without pizza dough–right? My raspberry cheesecake dessert pizza uses a real, homemade pizza dough for the best flavor and texture, and isn’t too sweet! In fact, I could eat this whole pizza by myself… maybe that happened, maybe it didn’t 🙃
This recipe is an adaptation of my dessert pizza (AKA one of my favorite recipes on the blog). It has the same easy, thin, and chewy crust, creamy cheesecake layer, and buttery streusel topping. However, this time we are adding a perfectly tart raspberry jam swirl into the mix, plus some white chocolate chips (these caramelize a bit in the oven for even more flavor!). It’s a stunning combination that you might like even more than the original.
Like any pizza, this recipe does have a few steps, but overall it’s very easy and the reward is worth it. Plus it takes less than an hour to make.
What You Need
My raspberry pizza uses just 10 ingredients! Here are the important ones:
- Flour. I use all-purpose flour, but you can also use bread flour. Bread flour will yield a crispier crust, while all-purpose yields a softer crust.
- Instant yeast. Using instant yeast keeps my raspberry pizza recipe nice and easy. There’s no separate rising time or proofing your yeast.
- Cream cheese. Just like with a real cheesecake, you want to make sure to use full-fat, brick-style cream cheese and let it soften before adding.
- Raspberry jam. You can make your own raspberry jam (recipe included in the notes below), use my raspberry cake filling, or you can use store-bought. If you have the time to make your own, I highly recommend it!
Remember, this is just an overview of the ingredients I used and why. For the full recipe please scroll down to the bottom of the post!
How to Make Raspberry Pizza
- Make the dough – Stir together the flour, yeast, and salt, then add the water and stir until the dough forms a ball.
- Knead – Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a 10-12″ circle, then place on a parchment lined pan. Fold the edges over to form a crust.
- Make the cheesecake sauce – Stir together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until combined, then spread over the crust.
- Add dollops of raspberry jam over the sauce, then swirl it in with a toothpick. Sprinkle white chocolate chips on top.
- Make the streusel – In a separate bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Then stir in the vanilla and melted butter. Use a fork to toss everything together until clumps form.
- Bake – Sprinkle streusel over the pizza and bake for 13-14 minutes at 450F.
SAM’S TIP: Don’t work your streusel together too much, or it could turn into a paste. Just toss everything together with a fork until clumps begin to form, then stop. If you’ve ever made my coffee cake before, you know how important this is!
Frequently Asked Questions
Look, I’m not going to tell you that you can’t use one, but I will strongly advise that you just make your own. It’s SUPER easy, fast, tastes 1000x better than a pre-made pizza dough. Plus it’s fun to make!
The pizza dough rises while you prepare your sauce and streusel, and this is enough time for this recipe. As long as you follow the recipe as written, your raspberry pizza will turn out just fine!
To make the dough in advance, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for several days. All other components can be made in advance and stored in airtight containers in the fridge as well.
Absolutely! While raspberry is my personal favorite, strawberry, cherry, and blueberry are all great options too. Really any fruit that would pair nicely with a cheesecake will work here, so use your favorite!
What’s your favorite pizza flavor? Let me know down in the comments 😊
Let’s bake together! I’ll be walking you through all the steps in my written recipe and video below! If you try this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram, and you can also find me on YouTube and Facebook
Raspberry Cheesecake Dessert Pizza
- 1 ½ cups (185 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon instant yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup (155 ml) warm water
- 8 oz (225 g) cream cheese softened (or warmed in the microwave until just soft enough to stir)
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raspberry jam see note to make at home
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 450F (230C) and line a pizza pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine flour, instant yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add water and stir until ingredients are clinging together and dough forms a ball, then turn dough out onto a clean, lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes/until smooth/elastic.1 ½ cups (185 g) all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon instant yeast, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅔ cup (155 ml) warm water
- Use a rolling pin to roll dough out to a 10-12” circle and transfer to your pizza pan. Fold over the edges of the dough to form a thin crust.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl and stir until smooth, creamy, and completely combined. Spread evenly over pizza crust.8 oz (225 g) cream cheese, ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- If your jam is too thick to be easily stirred with a spoon, pop it in the microwave and heat in 5-second intervals until it’s easy to stir. Dollop jam evenly over the “sauce” and use a toothpick to swirl over the crust.¼ cup raspberry jam
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and prepare your streusel.¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Stir vanilla extract into melted butter. In a separate bowl, stir together flour and sugars. Add the butter mixture and use a fork to toss/claw the ingredients together until your mixture forms clumps and resembles coarse crumbs.3 Tablespoons (42 g) salted butter, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, ⅓ cup (42 g) all-purpose flour, ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- Sprinkle streusel evenly over pizza. Transfer pizza to 450F (230C) oven and bake for 13-14 minutes or until streusel begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for several minutes, then slice and serve warm (though leftovers are good cold, too!).
Raspberry JamTo make homemade raspberry jam, combine ¾ cup fresh or frozen raspberries, 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar and 2 Tablespoons of water in a small saucepan and cook, stirring frequently over medium heat until raspberries release their juices (about 5-7 minutes). Mash the berries and, if desired, pour through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds. Allow to cool before using, you will not use all of this.
StoringStore in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered an estimate only. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods, cooking method, portion sizes, and more.