Classic biscotti with an autumnal twist–this pumpkin biscotti is loaded with spices, pecans, and plenty of pumpkin flavor, then drizzled with a slightly spiced white chocolate drizzle!
This will probably be my last pumpkin spice post for the season. Probably.
As someone who openly doesn’t really like pumpkin-flavored foods, an obscene number of cans of the stuff have made their way through my kitchen this season. And I’ll admit, I’ve tried and loved every single one of the recipes that have resulted from my trials that I’ve shared here with you on the blog, and I think you might just love them even more (especially if you aren’t coming to the table with a bias against pumpkin, as I was).
Once you understand the basics of cooking with pumpkin (primarily that it’s mostly made of water), it’s really quite fun to cook with, and I’m starting to think pumpkin could be infused into just about any recipe (and have had to refrain myself from some questionable experimentation at times).
While these biscotti are slightly softer than traditional biscotti, the difference is minimal (and possibly could be diminished if cooked a bit longer, if you have the patience for that sort of thing). They have just the right amount of spice, tempered by a liberal drizzle of spiced white chocolate, and each slice is punctuated with plenty of pecan pieces.
I’m also not a fan of coffee, but from what I’ve heard these would go wonderfully with a hot cup of the stuff.
So, pumpkin-lovers, eat your heart out. I’m quite certain pumpkin will be making a return next year, if I can hold off that long.
Special thanks for this recipe goes to my cousin, Leanne, for suggesting I try my hand at pumpkin spice biscotti…. Hi Leanne!
Pumpkin Spice Biscotti
- 1 1/2 cup premium white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In KitchenAid (or with electric mixer) beat together sugar, butter, and pumpkin pie filling until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat until combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- In separate, large bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger.
- Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, beating on low-speed and pausing occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl
- Stir in pecans.
- Spoon dough out onto prepared baking sheet in two mounds. Lightly flour your hands and form dough into two 10”x2” logs.
- Bake 25 minutes, remove from oven (do not turn oven off) and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Once biscotti has cooled, carefully lift parchment paper holding baked loaves onto a
- cutting board and line cookie sheet with a new sheet of nonstick parchment paper.
- Cut biscotti loaves diagonally into ¾” slices and place cut-side down onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake on 350F for another 12 minutes (until biscotti is dry), remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Prepare glaze by melting white chocolate in microwave-safe bowl at 15-second increments, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Stir in pumpkin spice and drizzle melted chocolate over biscotti. Allow chocolate to cool/harden before serving.
You May Also Like: