Chocolate peanut butter overload! These peanut butter fudge stuffed brownies are made with my favorite rich, chocolaty brownie base and filled with a thick layer of peanut butter fudge!
Happy Thursday, everyone! Just one more day until the weekend!
I got back from Salt Lake City Sunday evening but it’s taken me longer than I thought it would to catch up on everything I missed over the long weekend. Comments and e-mails are still being responded to, but I’m working on it!
I’d brought my computer on my trip with the ambitious thought that I’d get work done in the hotel, but I returned late at the end of each jam-packed day and just collapsed, exhausted, into the bed… so I stressed over lugging my computer halfway across the country for it to serve as little more than an expensive business card collector.
This weekend will be a little less hectic and will involve a lot more baking. For now, though, I wanted to share with you a recipe that I made a little while ago — peanut butter fudge filled brownies.
They’re simple to make, using my easy brownies from scratch as the base brownie batter (with a few modifications to stretch it into a 13×9 pan) and a super simple peanut butter fudge layer in the center.
My brownie recipe is ideal for these pb fudge brownies because it’s a bit thicker than your standard brownie batter, which makes it easier to layer the peanut butter fudge without messily swirling the brownie batter and fudge together in a mottled mess.
These peanut butter fudge filled brownies will take a bit longer to cook than your average brownie because of how thick they are.
The longer they cool the firmer the fudge layer will become, but if you don’t want to wait and prefer to enjoy a nice gooey center (guilty… so guilty) then that’s fine, too!
Peanut Butter Fudge Filled Brownies
Peanut Butter Fudge
- 2 cups white chocolate chips*
- 1 can condensed milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 13x9 pan with baking spray
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well, microwave for another 15 seconds and then stir well again. Repeat for 15 seconds until chocolate and butter are completely melted and well-combined.
- Add cocoa powder and stir well.
- Add sugars, stir until completely combined.
- Add eggs and then egg yolk, one at a time, stirring well after each addition
- Add vanilla extract and salt, stir to combine.
- Add flour, stir until completely combined.
- Spread approximately ½ of the batter evenly into prepared pan and make your peanut butter fudge
- Combine peanut butter chips, condensed milk, and peanut butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir frequently until peanut butter chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract and salt, and pour evenly over brownie batter in pan, use a spatula to spread evenly, if necessary.
- Allow to set for about 5 minutes, and then spread the remaining batter over the fudge, doing your best to cover completely with brownie batter.
- Bake on 350F for 40-50 minutes, use a toothpick to check for doneness at 40 minutes (toothpick should come out with few fudgy moist crumbs, but not wet batter).
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving. The longer you allow the brownies to set the firmer the fudge will become.
You Might Also Like: