A creamy, cheesy, Pepperoni Pizza Dip! This is the perfect dip for the Big Game! We start with a melty cream cheese base, top that off with pizza sauce, and cover everything with melty cheese and pepperonis! Even better and more indulgent than actual Pepperoni Pizza!
This Pepperoni Pizza Dip is a great option for serving at your Big Game party, though it’s really great party food any time of the year! This is one of my most husband’s favorite dips alongside my Taco Dip and Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Popping in really quickly today with this Pepperoni Pizza Dip because
- I originally shared it on The Stay at Home Chef months ago (what has taken me so long to share it here!?), and
- It has come to my attention that there is some sort of “Big Game” coming up very soon that this pizza dip would be perfect for.
I’m usually super late to the game when it comes to sharing party food (see my Jalapeno Popper Dip post from 2 years ago), but this year I’m actually early. Which, as Zach will tell you, pretty much never happens.
I’ve already shared Big Game-worthy Fried Pickles and I actually have another dip recipe planned for you next week (which is why I’m squeezing this one in now).
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Dip
This dip is incredibly simple to make (as all good party foods should be). We’re forgoing a traditional crust for this “pizza” and subbing in a creamy, melty, triple-cheese base instead. It’s a combo of cream cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan, but we’ll also toss in a bit of garlic powder and crushed red pepper for flavor.
Next comes our pizza sauce, we’ll spoon this evenly over our base before topping everything off with a combo of cheddar and mozzarella cheese. And mini pepperonis! Of course you can use regular sized pepperonis, but the miniature variety are better for ensuring you get enough of the flavor in every bite without completely overwhelming your pizza dip. Use as many or as few as you would like.
It’s pretty well-documented that I’m no oregano fan, but for an authentic pizza appearance, you can sprinkle everything with a light dusting of dried oregano.
Corn chips, pita chips, and crackers are all great dipping options, but my preference is to use baguette slices. Zach also liked just using a spoon 😂
Treat yourself to a FREE E-BOOK!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 16 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature (453g)
- 1 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese divided (147g)
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 1 cup pizza/marinara sauce 236ml
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese 115g
- Mini pepperonis
- Dried oregano optional
- Corn chips crackers, and/or toasted baguette slices, for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Combine softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup (35g) mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and crushed red pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir well, until completely combined.
- Spread evenly into the bottom of a 9-10" pie plate or cast iron pan, making sure to press mixture up against the sides of the pan.
- Top evenly with marinara sauce.
- Cover with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Top with mini pepperonis and a light sprinkling of dried oregano (if desired).
- Bake on 375F for 25-30 minutes
- Serve while hot, crispy baguette bites, crackers, and corn chips are all great dipping options!