This Easy Taco Dip is a super simple dip that’s loaded with flavor and is a guaranteed hit at any cookout this summer. Made with a cream cheese and sour cream base and then topped off with classic taco toppings, everyone is going to love this easy dip!
I don’t know why I always hesitate to share the easy recipes. The hand-scrawled, crinkled and well-used ones that are tucked in the front of my recipe box, but that don’t even really need even reference anymore because I’ve made them so many times and know them so well that I have them committed to my memory.
Recently I’ve gotten better about it, I’ve shared my simple Texas caviar, my almost-too-easy pulled chicken, and my favorite macaroni salad that I can pretty much make with my eyes closed at this point.
This incredibly easy taco dip recipe is one such recipe, and I was especially hesitant to share it because it almost seems ridiculously simple.
But, it’s also a favorite recipe in my house and I’ve been making this taco dip by request for every single party and get together for at least the past decade.
Taco dip is made with a classic cream cheese/sour cream base, is seasoned with taco seasoning (you can use a storebought packet or make your own taco seasoning), and is topped with all of your favorite taco toppings.
Crisp shredded lettuce, hot jalapeños, shredded Mexican cheese and juicy Roma tomatoes always make an appearance on mine, but I’ve heard of people adding everything from scallions to carrots (?!) to theirs.
That’s another thing to love about this taco dip recipe… it’s so versatile. Since I can’t stand olives and Zach feels the same about tomatoes, usually we make this recipe with a line down the center of it–olives on his half and tomatoes on mine.
However you want to customize it, I’m pretty sure you’ll love it.
Easy Taco Dip
- 16 oz brick-style cream cheese softened to room temperature (455g)
- 2 cups sour cream (450g)
- 4 Tablespoons taco seasoning (this is a 1 oz packet of premade taco seasoning or you can use your favorite homemade recipe) (30g)
- 1 cup finely chopped lettuce
- 4 Roma tomatoes seeds removed, chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup sliced olives (65g)
- sliced jalapenos, pickled or fresh for topping, optional
- 1 ¼ cup finely shredded sharp cheddar or mexican cheese (145g)
- Corn chips for serving
- Combine softened cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl and stir together until creamed and well-combined (I like to use my electric mixer just to make sure there are no lumps).
- Add taco seasoning and stir well.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 9-10" pie dish.
- Top mixture with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, olives, jalapenos (if using) and finally evenly sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Taco dip can be served immediately or can be covered and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This recipe was originally published 09/04/2015 and has been updated 06/09/2018.