Who has two thumbs, an insatiable appetite for peanut butter chocolate chip muffins and can’t paint a wall right to save her life?
Check, check, and double-check. And after over an hour of botching the paint job on one of the walls in my future family room, some serious baking therapy was in order.
My preferred therapy includes lots. of. chocolate. And peanut butter. And it creates muffin tops that, when removed (because you guys do that too, right? Devour the base of the muffin and preserve the top, AKA the best part, for last?) taste remarkably like fresh peanut butter cookies.
I think the biggest reason that baking is so good for de-stressing is just that I get to eat a lot of pre-cooked batter in the process. And who can worry about things like whether or not their family room looks like it was painted by Jackson Pollock when they have a mouthful of peanut buttery batter?
Not me. Just know that, thanks to the use of heavy cream, this recipe makes a light, silky, peanut butter batter that you are going to have to fight against every fiber of your being to resist shoveling into your mouth.
Just… try to fill up at least 11 muffin cups, OK?
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare cupcake pan by spraying lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla extract.
- Add peanut butter and stir until combined.
- Add heavy cream and beat about 30 seconds. Mixture will be smooth and airy.
- Gradually, with mixer on medium-low, pour flour mixture into batter. Stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Spoon batter into prepared cupcake cups, filling each cup completely.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Allow muffins to cool in pan before serving.