Homemade Strawberry Lemonade isn’t just a perfect refreshing summertime treat, it’s also incredibly simple to make! This easy recipe is based off of my classic Lemonade recipe and can be prepped with just 4 ingredients in under 10 minutes.
The Best (and Easiest!) Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
If you’re scrambling for a last-minute 4th of July recipe for your party’s menu, look no further. Today’s Strawberry Lemonade is simple, refreshing (great for keeping cool in the summertime heat!), and full of fresh strawberry & lemon flavor. You can also double, triple, or even quadruple it for a crowd.
I actually didn’t think that making strawberry lemonade would be this simple. I tried multiple different methods, one where I simply pureed the berries, and then other more complicated versions where I roasted them or cooked them on the stovetop in sugar. I wanted the best, purest strawberry flavor and didn’t think that simply pureeing the berries would cut it.
Then, after making all of these complex concoctions, I subjected Zach, my mom, and my sisters to a blind taste test and a vote to see which they thought was the best strawberry lemonade in the bunch.
Hands-down, everyone (including me!) picked the easy, simple lemonade made with pureed berries. Don’t you love it when things are easy?
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade
- Prepare a simple syrup by dissolving 1 cup sugar into 1 cup water over low heat. This helps keep your strawberry lemonade from being gritty!
- Combine your strawberries, a tablespoon of sugar, and half a cup of water in a blender and puree until smooth.
- For a smooth strawberry lemonade, pour strawberry puree through a strainer and make sure to use a spoon or spatula to work through as much of the juice as you possibly can. Pour the juice into a pitcher and discard the pulpy remains that are in your strainer.
- Add simple syrup, lemon juice, and more water to the pitcher and stir well.
- Pour over ice and serve or chill until cold before serving.
Are Strawberry Lemonade and Pink Lemonade the Same Thing?
Actually, no, pink lemonade and strawberry lemonade are not the same thing. Pink lemonade is simply classic lemonade that’s been tinted pink. Strawberry lemonade has a distinct fruity strawberry flavor.
The actual color of your strawberry lemonade will vary depending on the ripeness of the berries that you use, and can range from pale pink to a deeper ruby red. If you can get your hands on juicy, freshly picked, local strawberries, you’ll have a lemonade that’s much richer in color than if you use supermarket ones.
Wouldn’t a glass of ice cold strawberry lemonade be absolutely perfect served beside a fresh hot funnel cake??
More Recipes You Might Like:
Be sure to check out my How to Make Strawberry Lemonade video at the bottom of the recipe! YES, this is an easy recipe, but I’ve been working hard to make videos for all of my recipes and thought this one shouldn’t be an exception! If you enjoy watching, make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel where I’ve already uploaded over 150 recipe videos that you can watch for free!
- 6 cups water divided (1.4 liter)
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar divided (200g + 1 Tablespoon)
- 1 cup lemon juice¹ seeds removed (236ml)
- 1 1/2 cups ripe strawberries quartered, plus additional for decoration if desired (210g)
- Additional quartered strawberries and sliced lemons for garnish optional
- Prepare simple syrup first by combining 1 cup (236ml) water and 1 cup (200g) sugar in a small saucepan. Place over medium/low heat and stir frequently until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Combine strawberries, ½ cup (120ml) of water, and 1 Tablespoon of granulated sugar in blender and blend until strawberries are completely pureed.
- Pour strawberry puree through a fine mesh sieve² into pitcher and use a spatula to press/work as much strawberry juice through as possible. Discard remaining pulp/seeds.
- Add lemon juice and simple syrup to pitcher.
- Add remaining 4 ½ cups (1065ml) water and stir well. If desired add additional quartered strawberries and sliced lemons to pitcher for added flavor and decoration.
- Pour lemonade over ice and serve or chill and then stir again before serving.
Tools I used for this recipe:
Treat yourself to a FREE E-BOOK!