Chewy, chocolaty brownies layered with Reese’s peanut butter cups and loaded with crushed Oreos, these “Dirty Brownies” are utterly irresistible and 100% not bikini-friendly!
Be sure to check out the quick, easy how-to video just before the recipe!
I am totally aware that the official start of summer is merely days away. I recognize that “swimsuit season” is very much here and now.
I get it, healthy recipes are pretty popular right now, they’re monopolizing prime real estate on Pinterest and maybe you’re restricting your diet to things made with quinoa or kale, or labeled “skinny” this or that.
This is not one of those recipes.
If you’re spending your mornings and evenings sweating over a treadmill with your bikini dangling in front of you like a carrot, you should probably click away right now, because what I’m about to share is 100% not bathing suit friendly.
Today I have “Dirty Brownies” for you, the most diabolical of all brownies, loaded with Oreo cookie pieces, positively stuffed with peanut butter cups, and determined to make you suddenly shockingly accepting of the thought of wearing a mumu to the beach.
These brownies are irresistible, so much so that they almost didn’t even make it onto the blog.
Not because of any defect or shortcoming on their part (I mean, just look at them), but because I am a glutton of the highest degree with an embarrassing and indomitable lack of self-control.
I “sampled” a corner and suddenly half the pan was gone, with not a single photograph taken. I held myself back from polishing off the pan just long enough to snap a few shots, and then I called my sister and begged her to come pick them up (she obliged) because I couldn’t trust myself around them any longer.
These brownies are dirty, they’re seductive, sinister, and completely untrustworthy. They’re worth every last calorie of chewy, exceedingly chocolaty brownie, stuffed with mines of milk chocolate peanut butter cups, blasted full of cookie bits, shiny, crackly tops littered with cookie pieces. They’re a dream come true, a flavor explosion, a confectionery firework.
And they are your swimsuit’s #1 enemy right now.
But do you care?
Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies (Dirty Brownies)
- 12 Tbsp butter (170g) cut into Tbsp-sized pieces, 1 ½ sticks
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (75g)
- 1 ⅔ cup granulated sugar (335g)
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk lightly beaten
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (170g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 15 Oreo Cookies divided
- 16 Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and lightly grease/spray a 9x9 pan.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl microwave your butter until melted.
- Stir in cocoa powder and sugar.
- Stir in water and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, stirring until combined..
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to butter mixture until completely combined.
- Break/crush 12 Oreo Cookies (do not completely grind into fine crumbs, I placed them in a Ziploc bag and smacked them with a rolling pin until they were broken into pieces) and fold into the batter.
- Layer about half of the brownie mixture into the bottom of your prepared pan. Evenly spread peanut butter cups over the batter, gently pushing down so they are snug.
- Spread the remaining half of the batter on top.
- Crush your remaining Oreos and sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350F (175C) for 35-40 minutes (the toothpick test is difficult to do here due to the peanut butter cups -- the best way to tell that these are done is to look for set centers that have firmed and the center should feel somewhat set and not liquidy to your fingertips).
- Allow to cool before serving.
Pin It & Follow me on Pinterest!
You Might Also Like:
Recipe originally published 12/30/2015, photos & text updated 6/15/17