This is it, guys.
This is THE Lemon Zucchini Bread that you’ve been waiting for, you just didn’t know it.
I’m talking where-have-you-been-all-my-life perfection in a bread pan drizzled with lemony glaze.
Lemony Zucchini Bread. In case you can’t tell, I am in looveee <3.
Too much A lot of thought went into making this bread justtt right (then again, I’m a chronic over-thinker in every aspect of my life, so it just comes naturally when crafting recipes). Evaporated milk makes for a creamier bread batter and lends a richness and complexity to the flavor. The bread itself is soft and delicious, though not overly sweet (that totally-optional-but-trust-me-you’re-going-to-want-to-douse-your-lemony-zucchini-bread-in this-glaze has got your sweet tooth covered). Beautifully flecked with freshly grated zucchini and bright lemon zest, and drizzled with this sweetly tart lemon glaze, this is something even your zucchini-hating kids (like my 9 year old sister who “doesn’t like” zucchini) will eat.
If you are anything like me, you have tons of zucchini sitting on your counter just waiting to be transformed into a loaf of delicious seasonal zucchini bread (with a lemony twist, obv).
And tell me what you think!
Lemony Zucchini BreadPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice fresh-squeeze recommended
- 1/2 cup white sugar (100g)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (100g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 oz evaporated milk (if you don't have a 5 oz can, it's equivelant to 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp of evaporated milk)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250g)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cup grated zucchini (180g)
- zest of 1 lemon 3 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease and lightly flour 4x9 bread pan.
- In stand mixer, beat together canola oil, eggs, and lemon juice, about 30 seconds
- Add sugars and vanilla, stir.
- Add evaporated milk (shake well before adding) and stir until evenly incorporated.
- In separate, medium-sized bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Remove the bowl from your stand mixer and using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet, about 1/4 of the flour mixture at a time.
- Fold in Zucchini and lemon zest.
- Pour into prepared bread pan and transfer to oven
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean (a few crumbs are acceptable, just so long as the center is no longer gooey)
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before (carefully, as it will still be hot) transferring to rack before topping with glaze
- , in a medium-sized bowl combine sugar, milk, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir well with whisk or fork.*
- Drizzle over lemon zucchini bread. Allow glaze to set for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
*If the glaze is too stiff, add more milk, 1/2 tsp at a time. If it is too runny, add more sugar, 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency is met.