Rice Krispie Treats re-done! These cookie-filled treats are based off of classic rice krispie treats, made with marshmallows, condensed milk and Oreos, and then iced with a white chocolate fudge frosting.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s Day this weekend. I did, surrounded by my true loves: flour, sugar, chocolate, and sprinkles. And Zach, of course.
This whole weekend, in fact, has been a very busy one. I’m actually scrambling to write up this post just before Zach and I run out to a late Valentine’s dinner (It’s still Sunday evening as I write this), which is totally not really Valentine’s Day-inspired (really neither of us feels like cooking right now) so I’m leaving you quickly today with an appropriately quick and easy recipe for Cookies & Cream Rice Krispie Treats.
I can’t leave, though, without telling you how rich and gourmet these squares are (of course).
The rice krispie treats themselves are made with a small portion of condensed milk; this helps make them more solid and thick than your average rice krispie treat (and, in my opinion, makes them taste like candy squares). Then they’re blanketed in a sweet, white chocolate fudge frosting that take these easy treats to the next level of decadence.
Even though I don’t generally have a preference for white chocolate, I chose to drizzle these squares with it because 1) the white chocolate complements the Oreo flavor rather than overpowering it and 2) it reminds me of those Cookies & Cream candy bars, which always bring back fond memories because my Dad used to stop at the gas station and bring those home for me and my sisters on his way back from work every evening.
More Recipes to Try:
Cookies & Cream Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie Treats
- ½ cup salted butter cut into pieces
- ¼ cup condensed milk (you will need an entire 14 oz can for this recipe but it is divided between the treats and the frosting)
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 cups crisped rice cereal
- 18 crushed Oreos plus additional for frosting
- 8 oz chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup condensed milk (or without measuring, if using a 14 oz can just use the remaining condensed milk left in the can)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 crushed Oreos
- Prepare a 13x9 pan by spraying lightly with cooking spray or buttering lightly. Set aside.
- In large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter and condensed milk and stir until butter is completely melted.
- Add marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted.
- Reduce heat to very low and stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in cereal and combine well. Before mixture is completely mixed, remove pan from heat, scatter in cookie crumbs and stir until they are distributed through mixture.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Prepare the frosting by combining white chocolate and condensed milk in small saucepan over low heat until chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Once melted, stir in vanilla extract.
- Remove from heat and immediately spread or drizzle over rice krispie treats.
- Sprinkle with crushed cookies
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered an estimate only. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods, cooking method, portion sizes, and more.