Next-level treats — Oreo cookies scraped of their filling and refilled with egg-free cookie dough.
By the time you’re reading this, it will be Monday, if not later.
But right now it’s still Sunday for me and I’m sitting cozy on my couch after a weekend of apple picking (my favorite apple pie recipe will be coming soon!) and celebrating my sister’s 21st birthday (for the third time), and just overall dreading Monday. I’m about to turn on the debate (for better or worse) and my dog is lying at my feet and I just wish this weekend could stretch on just a liiiiittleee bit longer.
But Monday is closing in on me, so let’s try to make the start of this week just a little bit better with some cookie dough.
I’ve actually had this recipe sitting around for a little while, but I was almost embarrassed to share it with you. Mostly because it’s so easy to make, but also because it’s just yet another testament to my obsession with cookie dough.
Eggless cookie dough (the recipe borrowed and slightly modified from my favorite cookie dough dip) mixed with Oreo filling and then sandwiched between two Oreo cookies, dipped in chocolate, and topped with sprinkles.
Easy as that.
I prefer to keep leftover cookies refrigerated because it keeps them nice and crisp (when left at room temperature, the cookie dough can soften the Oreo shells a little too much for my liking). Truth be told, though, they probably aren’t going to last long enough for you to have leftovers.
Cookie Dough Stuffed Oreos
- Gently twist apart your Oreos and use a butter knife to scrape the filling into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in reserved Oreo filling until well-combined.
- Add vanilla and sprinkle in salt, stir well.
- Gradually add flour until completely combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it in your hands to form a ball. Place on top of one cookie shell, slightly flatten, and top with a second cookie shell. Set aside and repeat until all cookie shells are filled and cookie dough is used up.
- Prepare melting wafers according to package instructions.
- Dip cookie sandwiches in chocolate and place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
- Allow chocolate to harden before serving.
- Keep uneaten cookies refrigerated in an airtight container.
You Might Also Like: