Today’s post is sponsored by Harvest Stone®, thank you for supporting the brands that support Sugar Spun Run! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
A sweet, creamy baklava-inspired dip, made with yogurt, honey, and cinnamon, and served with Harvest Stone® crackers and fresh fruit!
Summertime is officially here, and one of my favorite things about the season is the parties. The poolside BBQs with food hot off the grill, frosty drinks, and laughter that wanes late into the evening, shared around smoldering bonfires.
Nothing beats a great side dish, though, and my favorites are always the dips.
That’s why I’m excited to partner with Harvest Stone® today to bring you my new favorite summertime BBQ dip.
While I know that I just shared some seriously diabolical dirty brownies, the truth is that I don’t eat heavy sweets every day of my life, and when I go to a party I often will veer towards lighter options.
With Barbecue season (and swimsuit season!) here, lighter snacks are a great option for cookouts, so I made something slightly less heavy and significantly more wholesome — a unique baklava dip that works well with both Harvest Stone® crackers and fresh fruits.
Also, since so many of my friends are gluten-free, it’s nice that Harvest Stone® crackers are USDA organic, certified gluten-free, and non-GMO. Not things that I usually worry about, but I have friends who can’t typically eat a single thing on my blog, so it’s nice to have something different to offer them at parties.
Because I’m a bonafide chocoholic, I drizzled these babies with dark chocolate to keep the salty/sweet ratio at a level that I’m comfortable with.
I paired both the Original Harvest Stone® Brown Rice, Sesame & Flax Crackers as well as the Toasted Sesame Brown Rice & Chickpea with this Baklava dip, along with fresh strawberries and blueberries. It was these crisp crackers that reminded me of flaky baklava layers with each bite, and the slightly salted flavor pairs surprisingly well with the sweet, creamy dip.
This dip incorporates critical Baklava flavors — honey, finely chopped nuts, cinnamon, and fresh zest, only we’re using crackers instead of standard baklava layers.
I used whipped cream in this version of the Baklava dip, but since we’re trying to keep things more health-conscious here, I included instructions in case you want to omit anything artificial, the dip is still great without it, but I like the fluffy texture that the whipped cream adds.
These crackers pair perfectly with the Baklava dip, and they’re just great as a wholesome snack for munching on anytime!
Enjoy, and be sure to head over to the Harvest Stone® website for some more great recipe ideas!
- 2 boxes Harvest Stone® Original Brown Rice , Sesame & Flax Crackers
- ½ cup dark chocolate melting wafers (85g)
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt (500g)
- ⅓ cup honey (110g)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 cups whipped cream , thawed -- optional* (225g)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (30g)
- Fresh fruit for dipping
- Prepare the Harvest Stone® Original Brown Rice, Sesame & Flax Crackers first by distributing them evenly over a wax-paper lined cookie sheet.
- Melt dark chocolate melting wafers according to package instructions and use a spoon to drizzle liberally over crackers. Set aside for the chocolate to harden while you prepare the dip.
To Prepare Baklava dip:
- Combine vanilla yogurt, honey, cinnamon, and zests in a large bowl. Stir until well-combined.
- If desired, stir in whipped cream (this will give it a nice, thick texture but is not required). Stir until well-combined.
- Portion into serving dish and sprinkle top with chopped walnuts.
- If desired, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve with Harvest Stone® Original Brown Rice, Sesame & Flax Crackers and fresh fruit.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered an estimate only. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods, cooking method, portion sizes, and more.