Easy, no-bake peanut butter pie dessert shooters! This peanut butter pie filling is layered over a silky chocolate ganache and an Oreo cookie crust and served individually in disposable shot glasses.
I love love love sharing shot glass desserts. They are among the most popular desserts on my website, they’re adorable, and best of all, they are easy and fast to make.
These peanut butter pie dessert shooters are actually the very first desert shooters I ever shared on Sugar Spun Run, and this recipe sparked an obsession (hence every other dessert shooter I have on this site).
As they were one of my earliest recipes, the original photos did a severe injustice to their deliciousness, and I hardly ever (maybe never) shared them on Pinterest because I was so embarrassed by the pictures.
They deserved better, and so here they are, re-shot for you.
The filling starts with a cream cheese and peanut butter base, made light and fluffy with Cool Whip (though of course you can make your own whipped cream, instead!).
For the original recipe, I swirled each shot glass with a ribbon of hot fudge sauce that hugged the peanut butter cheesecake filling, but here I made a silky chocolate ganache out of chocolate chips and heavy cream and layered that over the crust. You can do either — they taste delicious both ways!
Another deviation from the original recipe is that I topped these with even more Cool Whip, mostly for aesthetic reasons. Optional, but it makes them look extra adorable.
I brought these over to my grandmother’s this weekend for dessert and they were a huge hit. They’re fun to eat and perfectly portioned(though of course everyone wanted more than one, anyway).
Peanut Butter Pie Dessert Shooters
- 13 Oreo cookies
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted (28g)
Chocolate Layer (optional, you may omit or instead use ½ cup pre-made hot fudge sauce [cold or at room temperature] and swirl the sides of the glass)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (170g)
- ½ cup heavy cream (118 ml)
Peanut Butter Filling
- 12 oz cream cheese softened (340g)
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter (375g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5ml)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (250g)
- 12 oz thawed Cool Whip topping + additional 4 oz for topping about 4.5-5 cups
- In food processor, pulverize 10 Oreo cookies to fine crumbs.
- Remove 2 Tbsp of cookie crumbs to sprinkle on top of shooters later, set aside.
- Add melted butter and process until well-combined.
- Press about 1 teaspoon of crumb-mixture into the bottom of each shot glass, and set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove chocolate sauce from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes before spooning a thin layer (about 1-2 tablespoons) into each shot glass. Set shot glasses aside while you prepare the peanut butter filling.
Peanut Butter Filling
- In stand-mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together cream cheese and peanut butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed to ensure all ingredients are well-combined.
- With mixer on low-speed, stir in cool whip.
- Fill a large plastic (Ziploc) baggie with your Peanut Butter Pie filling and cut about a 1" long piece of the corner off.
- Pipe Peanut Butter Pie filling over chocolate, filling each shot glass just shy of the brim. Spoon remaining Cool Whip over tops, and sprinkle with cookie crumbs, if desired.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered an estimate only. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods, cooking method, portion sizes, and more.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase anything through these links I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please view the disclosure policy for more information.
Recommended Kitchen Tools:
You Might Also Like