This 5 ingredient boozy ice cream requires no ice cream maker, no stove-top, no eggs, and no hard work. Made with sweet dessert wine, fresh fruit, cream, sugar and a vanilla bean it’s easily whipped together the night before serving. Perfect for a girl’s night in, a stay-in date night, or for a cozy summer night around a bonfire.
Hellllllloooo Friday. What took you so long to get here?
I’m incredibly excited to start my weekend because I have plans for tonight. Great plans. Plans to sit down with my husband and some wine and ice cream. Err, some wine ice cream. Wine, and ice cream. Together. <3
Tasty, creamy, vanilla ice cream flavored with fresh blackberries and infused with the greatest of all wines–Moscato.
I have a pretty small range of wines I enjoy drinking. For me it’s go sweet and fruity or go home. I do not like dry wines (and I kinda think you have to in order to be considered a true wine aficionado) but I love Moscato and I have a cabinet full of fruit flavored wines (mango, peach, blackberry, you name it).
Zach and I recently found a blackberry wine from a local vineyard that we LOVE, and the saleswoman recommended that we pour a little bit of it over ice cream.
The saleswoman was clearly a genius and a woman after my own palate, and she got me to thinking about pairing ice cream and wines. Then I decided to step things up a notch by combining wine and cream and making ice cream out of wine. And fruit of course (like I said, sweet and fruity or go home).
This Moscato Blackberry Vanilla Ice Cream is so beautifully simple and refreshing. It’s a blend of the best flavors of sweet summertime in a smooth, creamy ice cream.
You need this in your Friday night… now.
Oh, and in case you need a little more incentive to make this ice cream, you should know that May 9th is National Moscato Day. That’s 8 days from now. Now you have wine ice cream plans. You’re welcome 😉
Treat yourself to a FREE E-BOOK!
Moscato & Blackberry Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 cup Moscato
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup superfine granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups heavy cream
- Pour Moscato into large bowl
- Process blackberries in food processor and strain blackberry juice through a fine mesh sieve into the Moscato*
- Add sugar, and split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape along the inside of the pod to remove the seeds inside. Scrape into the Moscato mixture.
- Whisk ingredients together until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Using an electric beater (for fastest results) add cream and beat on high until soft peaks
- just begin to form and mixture has thickened
- Transfer to a Tupperware container with an airtight lid and freeze overnight or at least 5 hours before serving.**