Oh. My. Peanut. Butter. Pie.
Ah, dessert shooters. Whoever first thought of divvying up desserts into shot glass-sized servings is on my list of heroes (right up there with the first person who decided to put cookie dough in ice cream). I’ve made a couple of different versions of dessert shooters in the past, but these peanut butter pie ones are my favorite.
These multi-bite desserts are rich, creamy and deliciously peanut butter-y, piled on an Oreo cookie-based “crust” and hugged by a ribbon of thick hot fudge sauce annnnddd…. I’m in heaven.
Zach and I have bags and bags of plastic shot glasses left from our wedding in October, and, while we still have plenty of alcohol left over from the wedding as well (I guess we over-estimated how much our guests like to imbibe) I have been using these shot glasses up far quicker with dessert-based treats rather than alcoholic ones.
Overall I think that’s a pretty healthy choice.
Another bonus here is that this recipe is 100% no-bake and it can easily be whipped up and thrown together in 30 minutes or less, soooo… um… what are you waiting for?
Peanut Butter Pie Dessert ShotsPrint Pin Rate
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 12 oz cream cheese softened, 1 1/2 bricks
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups 10x sugar
- 12 oz thawed Cool Whip topping about 4.5-5 cups
- 1/4 cup hot fudge for swirl
- Chocolate sprinkles if desired (can also sprinkle tops with leftover cookie crumbs)
- In food processor, crumble 10 oreo cookies.
- Add melted butter and process until combined.
- Press about 1 tsp of crumb-mixture into the bottom of each shotglass.
- In stand-mixer, cream together cream cheese and peanut butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add 10x sugar, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed.
- With mixer on low-speed, stir in cool whip. Set aside and prep shotglasses with hot fudge (you don't want to do this too far in advance or the fudge may start to run down the sides of the cup).
- Fill a small plastic (Ziploc) baggie with about 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce and clip a small piece off of the end of the bag.
- Drizzle hot fudge into the inside of the shotglasses, swirling around the sides.
- Fill a large plastic (Ziploc) baggie with your Peanut Butter Pie filling and cut about a 1" long piece of the corner off.
- Pipe Peanut Butter Pie filling into shot glasses. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.