An easy, creamy, crispy-cookie-bit-stuffed Nutella filling layered over an Oreo crust and topped with whipped cream and more cookie crumbs.
My inability to make decisions is well-documented and ever-irritating. I pity my husband. I know, Zach, that it shouldn’t take me 3 hours to decide which bar of soap to buy, but if you think for a second that I’m putting out a hard-earned $3 without first carefully reading and assessing every review on Amazon, well, you’ve lost your mind.
And while I stress about most of my dessert recipes fairly equally (making sure I’ve selected the best ingredients and ratios and baking times etc.), it seems to be the “simplest” recipes that absolutely make me want to tear my hair out.
These sweet and simple, supremely easy, no-bake Nutella Crunch Dessert Shooters are a prime example.
A dozen text messages and photos went out to my siblings, filled with questions about general preferences and pleas for opinions, and it finally took one sister and another sister’s boyfriend showing up at my house and taste-testing these dessert shooters before I finally settled upon the perfect recipe.
The good news is, once the recipe is done and published, I know that I’m satisfied with it. This recipe is no exception, and these might just be my favorite miniature desserts yet.
These dessert shooters are simple creatures, easy to make, no-bake, and bite-sized.
The first time I made them, the cookie crumbs were limited to the very bottom and the tippy-top of the shooters, but clearly something was lacking.
I ultimately decided (thanks to the help and support of my siblings and their significant others) that I wanted some more crunch throughout the dessert.
A full cup of pulverized Oreo crumbs adds a nice crunch to every bite. The filling is otherwise creamy, rich, and thick with Nutella flavoring. The best alternative to eating it straight out of the jar by the spoonful.
My sister, Nikki, also recommends freezing them before eating for an extra frosty treat, though I haven’t tried them that way yet.
Nutella Crunch Dessert Shooters
- You will need 25 2-oz plastic shotglasses.
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 12 oz cream cheese softened, (1½ bricks)
- 1 ¾ cups Nutella
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups thawed Cool Whip topping + additional 4 oz for topping about 12 oz
- In food processor, pulverize your Oreo cookies.
- Measure out one cup and set aside.
- Add your melted butter to the remaining crumbs and stir until well combined.
- Press about 1 tsp of crumb-mixture into the bottom of each shot glass and gently tamp down. Reserve the leftover crumbs for topping.
- In stand-mixer, cream together cream cheese and Nutella.
- Gradually add 10x sugar, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed.
- With mixer on low-speed, stir in cool whip, making sure to pause occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl.
- On low-speed, stir in your reserved 1 cup of Oreo crumbs.
- Fill a large plastic (Ziploc) baggie with your filling and cut about a 1" wide piece of the corner off.
- Pipe Nutella filling into shot glasses. Spoon remaining Cool Whip evenly atop all dessert shooters.
- Sprinkle with remaining Oreo crumbs.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered an estimate only. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods, cooking method, portion sizes, and more.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase anything through these links I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please view the disclosure policy for more information.
Recommended Kitchen Tools:
You may also like: