The Best Pumpkin Muffins
These Pumpkin Muffins are soft, fluffy, moist, and loaded with Fall flavor. Top them off with a crumbly, buttery streusel and a simple glaze!Recipe includes a video at the bottom of the recipe card!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 17 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled at least 10 minutes (170g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar 100g
- ¼ cup light brown sugar 50g
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten (room temperature preferred)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree¹ 240g
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour 156g
- ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice (click the link for instructions to make your own pumpkin spice)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 156g
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar tightly packed 100g
- 1/3 cup sugar 66g
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter³ melted and cooled until no longer warm to the touch 85g
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar 65g
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners (or lightly grease and flour). Set aside.
Combine melted, cooled butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl and stir well.
Stir in eggs. Add pumpkin puree, milk, and vanilla extract and stir well.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon until well-combined.
Add your dry ingredients into your wet and gently stir until just combined, taking care to not overmix the batter.
Evenly divide muffin batter into prepared muffin tins (filling each ¾ full). Set aside while you prepare your streusel.
Prepare your streusel by whisking together flour, sugars and cinnamon.
Pour the melted butter into the mixture and, using a fork, stir until crumbles form. Don't overwork the streusel or you'll end up with a paste, you want it to be nice and clumpy!
Using your hands, evenly divide streusel over muffin batter, piling the streusel over the batter and gently pressing the topping into the batter.
Bake on 375F (190C) for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Allow muffins to cool before serving.
¹Make sure you buy puree that is 100% pumpkin and NOT "Pumpkin Pie Filling", which contains other ingredients.
²These pumpkin muffins can be made without the streusel topping, they may just need a minute or two less in the oven.
³If you don't have salted butter on hand, just use unsalted and add 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the dry ingredients for the streusel.
Serving: 1muffin (with glaze) | Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 3200IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.8mg