Double Chocolate Muffins
Better-than-bakery chocolate muffins! These richly chocolate muffins are made entirely from scratch using cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
Servings 18 muffins
- 1/2 cup canola oil vegetable oil would also work 120ml
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g 200g
- 1/2 cup milk 120ml
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream 150g 150g
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 240g 240g
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 50g 50g
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips divided (340g) (I use a mix of mini and regular sized chips)
Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners (or lightly grease and flour).
In large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, and milk. Stir in eggs and vanilla until well-combined.
Gently fold in sour cream until just-combined.
In separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Fold flour mixture gently into wet mixture, folding until just barely combined. Stir in 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Scoop chocolate muffin batter into prepared muffin tin, filling 2/3-3/4 of the way full.
Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining chocolate chips.
Bake on 375F (190C) for 18 minutes (toothpick inserted in center should come out with few slightly fudgy crumbs.