White Chicken Chili
White Chicken Chili Recipe from SugarSpunRun.com
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs shredded chicken (you can use rotisserie chicken or shred your own chicken breast in the crock pot)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 2 Jalapeno peppers seeds removed and finely chopped (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 1 medium yellow onion (about 1 heaping cup)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 15 oz cans Cannelini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 7 oz can diced green chilis (I use mild)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- additional sour cream, corn chips, Monterrey Jack cheese, chopped cilantro, and/or jalapeno slices for topping, optional
Place half a can of cannelini beans (about 3/4 cup) and 1/2 cup of chicken broth in a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
Combine olive oil and butter in a soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Once butter has melted, add chopped onion and jalapeno and cook until softened (about 3-5 minutes)
Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
Add shredded chicken, remaining chicken broth, remaining beans, diced green chilis, lime juice, cumin, onion powder, ancho chili powder, salt, and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
Stir in sour cream.
Simmer 15 minutes before serving, topped with additional sour cream, jalapeno slices, monterrey jack cheese, chopped cilantro, and crushed corn chips.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 345kcal