A sweet summer corn salad that can be made with fresh or frozen corn. This sweet side dish is easy to make and irresistibly delicious.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 4 ears corn on the cob or 4-5 cups frozen, thawed sweet corn (500g)
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (40g)
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed, finely diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro (13g)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil (80ml)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
If using fresh corn, remove husks and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Carefully drop corn into the boiling water and cook for just 3 minutes. Remove from the water and immediately rinse in cold water.
Cut the corn from the cob (cutting as close as possible to the cob) and transfer the kernels to a large bowl (if using frozen corn, place this in your bowl now).
Add diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Pour dressing evenly over corn salad ingredients and toss well to combine.
For best results, cover the corn salad and refrigerate for one hour before serving. Be sure to stir ingredients well again before serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 270kcal