• 1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled until no longer warm to the touch (226g)
• 1 cup dark brown sugar packed (200g)
• ½ cup granulated sugar (100g)
• ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 large eggs room temperature preferred
• 1 Tablespoon molasses “unsulphured”
• 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour (250g)
• 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ¾ teaspoon table salt
• 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (290g)
• 1 ½ cups raisins (225g)
In a large mixing bowl, combine melted, cooled butter, sugars, and cinnamon and stir until well-combined.
Add eggs and stir well, then stir in molasses and vanilla extract until completely combined.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
Gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until completely combined.
Add oats and raisins and stir until uniformly distributed. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes before baking.
Once dough has finished chilling, remove from refrigerator and scoop into rounded 1 ½ Tbsp sized scoops. Drop scoops onto baking sheet, 2” apart.
Bake on 350F (175C) for 10-12 minutes. The centers will look slightly underbaked still but allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet before enjoying.