Need a sourdough starter?
Check out my starter recipe, linked below!
• 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
• 1 ¼ cups (155 g) all-purpose flour
• 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon table salt
• 1 cup (200 g) sourdough discard
• 1 cup (236 ml) whole milk room temperature preferred
• 2 large eggs room temperature preferred
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Oil or butter for brushing skillet
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together sourdough discard, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract until well-combined.
While whisking, drizzle in melted butter (it’s OK if the butter forms small clumps).
Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and use a spatula or wooden spoon to gently fold together the batter until just combined.
Set the pancake batter aside and brush a skillet with olive oil or melted butter. Turn the stovetop heat to medium and let it the pan warm until you can feel the heat radiating from it.
Portion pancake batter into center of the pan (I use ½-⅔ cup of batter per pancake).
Cook until bubbles in the batter burst and the edges begin to appear cooked.
Use a spatula to carefully flip the pancake and continue to cook until pancake is golden brown. Remove to a plate and repeat with the remaining pancakes.