• ⅔ cup granulated sugar (133g)
• ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (42g)
• ¼ cup natural unsweetened
cocoa powder (25g)
• ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted (57g)
• 1 large egg lightly beaten
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips plus additional for topping, if desired.
(45g + additional)
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
Stir in melted butter (mixture will be stiff and dry).
Then, add egg and vanilla extract. Whisk vigorously to combine (the more mixing you do, the more likely you are to have those shiny, crackly brownie tops!).
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a 9×5 bread pan with a sling of parchment paper (this will make removing the brownies and cutting them easier).
Stir in chocolate chips and spread batter into prepared pan. Scatter additional chocolate chips on top, if desired.
Transfer to center rack of 350F (175C) oven and bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with fudgy crumbs (not wet batter).
Allow to cool before lifting brownies from pan and cutting. Enjoy!