For Lemon Curd
• 2 large egg yolks
• ⅓ cup lemon juice fresh-squeezed preferred (80ml)
• 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
• ¼ teaspoon table salt
• 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces (56g)
• 1 cup unsalted butter softened (226g)
• 3 cups powdered sugar (375g)
In a small saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, sugar, and salt.
Add butter and cook over medium-low heat.
Whisk constantly until butter is melted and the mixture has thickened. The whisk should
be able to coat the back of
Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer into a heatproof bowl.
Covering lemon curd with wax paper and placing in the fridge.
Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat 1 cup softened butter until light and fluffy (high speed about 30-60 seconds).
Gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined.
Drizzle in cooled lemon curd and stir until completely combined.
Spread or pipe over cake or cupcakes then enjoy!