• 5 Tablespoons tomato paste (76g)
• 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 3 Tablespoons dark brown sugar packed
• 2 Tablespoons honey
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
• 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon onion powder
• ½ teaspoon ground mustard
• 1 teaspoon table salt
• ½ teaspoon ground pepper
• ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 cup chicken stock (236ml)
Combine tomato paste, vinegar, dark brown sugar, and honey in a medium-sized sauce pan.
Add smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard, salt, ground pepper, and cayenne pepper and stirring into honey mixture.
Gradually whisk in chicken stock until completely combined.
Turn stovetop heat to medium-low and whisk occasionally until sugar is dissolved (about 3 minutes).
Increase heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until barbecue sauce is thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
Allow sauce to cool then use as desired or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!