• ½ cup unsalted butter softened (113g)
• 8 oz brick-style cream cheese softened (226g)
• 2 large eggs room temperature preferred
• 1 ½ Tablespoons vanilla extract (this is equivalent to 4 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract)
• 3 cups all-purpose flour (375g)
• 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (300g)
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• Powdered sugar for rolling cookies
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth and well-combined.
Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
With electric mixer on
low-speed, gradually stir dry ingredients into butter/cream cheese mixture until
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
Once dough has chilled, scoop
1 ½ Tablespoon-sized balls and roll between your palms until smooth. Roll through powdered sugar and then place on prepared baking sheet, 2" apart.
Bake on 350F (175C) in center rack for 10-12 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheet before enjoying.