• 2 cups (473 ml) whole milk
• ½ cup (118 ml) water
• 4 large eggs
• ¼ cup (57 g) unsalted butter melted but not hot
• 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
• 2 Tablespoons (25 g) granulated sugar
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Cooking oil or melted butter for cooking
• 1 ⅔ cups (400 ml) heavy cream
• ¾ cups (93 g) powdered sugar divided
• 8 oz (226 g) full-fat cream cheese softened
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ⅛ teaspoon salt
• 3 oz (85 g) chocolate use a chopped semisweet baking bar or couverture chocolate chips (½ cup)
• 6 Tablespoons (88 ml) heavy cream
• Strawberries for garnish optional
Pour all crepe ingredients (excluding oil) into blender. Blend for 10 seconds. Scrape sides of blender with spatula to ensure ingredients are combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Brush an 8” skillet lightly with cooking oil or melted butter. Heat over medium heat. Pour a bit less than ⅓ cup of batter into the pan, tilting the pan so the batter forms an 8” circle.
Cook until edges appear set and crepe begins to appear dry, flip (cooked side should be beginning to turn lightly gold) and cook until lightly golden.
Remove to a cooling rack to cool and repeat until you have used all of your crepe batter. Note: You only need 20 crepes to make this crepe cake, you will have a few extras.
While crepes cool, make your filling. Combine heavy cream and about half of the powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Use an electric mixer to beat to stiff, fluffy peaks.
In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, remaining powdered sugar, vanilla and salt and stir until smooth and creamy.
Adding whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and gently folding them together until uniform.
Place one crepe on a serving platter then portion a large spoonful (about 3 Tablespoons) of filling over the crepe. Use an offset spatula to spread evenly over the crepe.
Top with your next crepe, then repeat until you have used 20 crepes and all your filling (if you have any filling left over, feel free to use your extra crepes!)
Place chocolate in heatproof bowl. Place cream in a small saucepan and heat until steaming. Pour cream over chocolate, cover with foil, and let sit for 5 minutes.
Whisk chocolate until smooth. Let chocolate cool until slightly thickened, then spread evenly over crepe cake. Return to fridge and let chocolate set. Enjoy!