• 8 oz dry linguine (226g)
• ½ cup all-purpose flour (63g)
• ¾ teaspoon table salt divided
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ heaping teaspoon smoked paprika
• Pinch of cayenne pepper optional
• 1 lb chicken breast cut into 4 portions (453g)
• 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• 2 Tablespoons butter
• 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion (140g)
• 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 ⅓ cup chicken broth (315ml)
• 1 cup heavy cream (236ml)
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (22g)
Begin cooking pasta in heavily salted water according to package directions.
Once pasta is finished cooking, drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, set aside flour in a shallow dish. In another dish, whisk together ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper.
Sprinkle chicken breast with spice mix and rub over the surface of the chicken.
Then dredge each breast in flour.
Heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
Once shimmering, transfer chicken to the pan, spacing so the meat is not touching.
Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes until browned, then flip and cook on the other side until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
Add onion to the pan and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Slowly drizzle in chicken broth, scraping the bottom of the
pan as you do.
Add heavy cream, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and Italian seasoning and stir well.
Stir well, bring to a simmer and add parmesan cheese. Continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until melted.
Add pasta to the pot.
Cut and return chicken to the pot. Allow to simmer until chicken and pasta are warmed through and sauce is thickened enough to
Stir noodles then serve. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired.