• ⅔ cup well-mashed very-ripe bananas
• 1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
• 1 cup light brown sugar packed (200g)
• ⅔ cup granulated sugar (135g)
• 1 large egg yolk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ¾ teaspoon table salt
• ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (255g)
• 1 cup chopped walnuts optional (115g)
Combine well-mashed banana, melted/cooled butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir well until completely combined.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Gradually add flour mixture to butter/banana mixture until completely combined (I do this in 3-4 parts).
Add chocolate chips and walnuts, if using, and stir until well-combined.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes
(or up to 24 hours).
Scoop dough by 1 ½ Tablespoon-sized scoops and drop on prepared baking sheet, spacing at least 2” apart.
Bake in 350F (175C) oven for 12-14 minutes. When finished top with chocolate chips. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to cooling rack to cool before enjoying.