White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
Soft, fluffy muffins with pockets of tangy cranberry, sweet white chocolate and a divine drizzle of rich white chocolate glaze, these cranberry white chocolate muffins are the perfect accompaniment to your breakfast or brunch.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 22 minutes
Total Time 42 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted (55 g)
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 ml, vegetable oil would also work
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200 g
- 1 egg lightly beaten, + 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 ml
- 1/4 tsp almond extract 1 ml, optional
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or 3/4milk + 2 1/4 tsp vinegar stirred together and allowed to sit 5 minutes), 177 ml
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 281 g
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 g
- 1/2 tsp salt 2.5 g
- 1 cup heaping frozen cranberries 150 g
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips 85 g
- 1 cup white chocolate chips 170 g
- 1/4 cup heavy cream 59 ml
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar 83 g
Preheat oven to 400F (205 C) and line 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners
In large bowl combine melted butter, oil and granulated sugar. Stir well.
Add lightly beaten egg, egg white, and vanilla and almond extracts. Stir well.
Add in buttermilk and stir until combined.
Stir in cranberries and white chocolate.
In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Gradually, carefully add in flour mixture, stirring until just combined (there still may be some flour mixture visible, this is OK just do not over-mix)
Evenly divide into prepared muffin tin.
Bake on 400F (205 C) 20-25 minutes (until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean with few crumbs)
In micro-wave safe bowl, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave at 10 second intervals, stirring every 10 seconds until chocolate is melted and heavy cream and chocolate are combined.
Stir in powdered sugar.
Using a spoon drizzle over muffins (muffins should be allowed to cool 5-10 minutes before being drizzled with glaze).
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 126mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1mg