Peanut Butter Cupcakes
• 3 cups cake flour (335g)
• 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
• 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed (200g)
• 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted (170g)
• ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil (60ml)
• 1 cup creamy peanut butter (260g)
• 3 large eggs room temperature preferred
• 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup sour cream (240g)
• ¼ cup whole milk (60ml)
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Frosting
• 1 ½ cup unsalted butter softened (340g)
• 1 ½ cup creamy peanut butter (390g)
• 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 4 cups powdered sugar (500g)
• 1-3 Tablespoons milk
• ½ cup natural cocoa powder (50g)
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add melted butter and oil and use an electric mixer to stir until all flour is moistened.
Stir in peanut butter.
Add eggs, vanilla extract and sour cream and stir until thoroughly combined.
Slowly drizzle in milk and stir until completely combined and batter is smooth and uniform.
Evenly divide batter into prepared cupcake tin.
Transfer to center rack of 350F (175C) oven (I only bake one tray at a time) and bake for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs.
Allow cupcakes to cool in pan for 5 minutes before gently, carefully removing to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
Combine butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt and stir until smooth and creamy.
Gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined.
Thin frosting as needed by adding milk, one tablespoon at a time, until smooth and creamy.
Measure out approximately half of the frosting into a disposable piping bag and set aside.
Add cocoa powder to remaining half of frosting and stir until completely combined. If needed, thin the frosting with additional milk.
Transfer chocolate frosting to another piping bag. Snip the ends off both frosting bags and place in an additional piping bag that’s been fitted with a large tip.
Pipe swirled frosting onto cupcakes. Eat and Enjoy!