Light, sweet and and bursting with Funfetti flavor this no-bake Skinny Funfetti Frozen Pie is the perfect guilt-free sweet treat for the summer (or anytime). Even better– it’s less than 195 calories and only 3 grams of fat per serving.
In stark opposition to my last post today I’m sharing something much more bright, light, colorful and cheery. Once again, due to a number of requests for something less calorie-laden, I deliberately made something “skinny”.
I’m not going to bore you by going on and on about the calorie count (194/slice) or fat amounts (3g/slice) because this pie deserves more than that. It deserves to be applauded for it’s taste, for its creamy, slightly tangy, soft filling nestled over a golden crust and topped with pillows of fluffy Cool Whip and a generous handful of sprinkles. For its fun colors and the ease with which it is made (though it should freeze for an hour before serving, the pie is no-bake and easily comes together in under 20 minutes).
It’s delicious and innately summer-y in both appearance and texture–refreshing and light,
It’s also a dessert that you would never know was “skinny” unless you were told. Zach helped himself to more than one generously-carved slice before I told him it was healthier than he might have assumed (otherwise I was afraid he wouldn’t have touched it).
I’m considering re-making this pie (only skipping the multi-colored sprinkles and substituting just red and blue ones) for a patriotic dessert to bring to a 4th of July party tomorrow. Despite the fact that I have plenty of other baking to do before that, this pie is so low-maintenance to assemble and simple to create that it will hardly detract from my other dessert-responsibilities at all; it is manageable for even the busiest hostess.
Skinny Funfetti Frozen Pie
- 20 Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers
- 1 1/2 Tbsp light canola butter melted, I used Land O' Lakes
- 1 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
- 2 8- oz containers fat free Cool Whip thawed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Funfetti dry cake mix
- Additional Sprinkles for decoration as desired
- Place Nilla Wafers in a resealable bag and finely crush.
- Transfer crumbs to a bowl, pour melted canola butter in with crumbs and stir well using a fork until well combined.
- Press into the bottom of a 9" pie pan and place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl combine vanilla yogurt and 1 8-oz container of Fool Whip. Add vanilla and stir until well-mixed.
- Gradually stir in Funfetti dry cake mix until well combined.
- Layer pie filling over crust and place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, layer pie filling with remaining 8-oz of Cool Whip and sprinkle with additional sprinkles.
- Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
You May Also Like: