How is it September already? August flew by in a (hot) blur and I loved seeing all of your Ice Cream Cone Cupcake submissions. They were all beautiful and I appreciate everyone taking the time to participate! I can’t tell you how much I love seeing all of your photos!
Life has been super hectic here as Zach and I are currently fostering three puppies, in addition to our three big dogs it makes for a very full, chaotic house. I’ll hopefully be writing up a “Crumbs” post about this soon and sharing lots of puppy pics.
But let’s get back to the real reason we’re here! Before I announce the winner of the Recipe of the Month, let me announce September’s recipe challenge….
The best Chocolate Cake!
This chocolate cake is my hands-down favorite. It’s super moist, supremely chocolaty, and simple to make completely from scratch. I believe that everybody needs a solid base chocolate cake recipe (as well as a good vanilla cake base!), and this one is mine. I’m really excited for each of you to try it out for yourselves!
I’ll be posting the full recipe tomorrow complete with lots of tips and tricks along with a video.
Not sure what this whole Recipe of the Month thing is all about? Here’s a quick re-cap.
WHAT IS THE RECIPE OF THE MONTH?
In case you missed the first Recipe of the Month, here are the details.
- Tomorrow I will publish the full “Recipe of the Month” for September.
- Try the recipe out for yourself!
- Share a photo of your results and use the hashtag #sugarspunrun in my Facebook group (not on your personal FB page as I won’t be able to see it), on Instagram, or on Twitter or you can e-mail it to me.
- Everyone who shares a photo of their attempt at the Recipe of the Month and uses the hashtag #sugarspunrun will be automatically entered for the chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card.
- You must use the hashtag to indicate that you would like to enter your photo, otherwise I won’t be able to find your photo (especially on Instagram). Keep in mind that I will not be able to see your submission if your Instagram profile is private, so if you have a private profile it might be best to share in my Facebook Baker’s Club group.
Select reader photos may also be featured on my Instagram account, on Facebook, and in next month’s re-cap (if for any reason you don’t want me to re-share your photo, please let me know with your submission).
August Recipe Re-Cap
For August we made Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes, and while the giveaway portion of this challenge is now closed it’s never too late to make your own! The winner of the August Recipe Challenge is Kesha and she has been notified.
Kesha shared her photo in my free Baker’s Club Facebook group, if you’re not already a member feel free to join, it’s a great place to ask recipe-related questions and share photos of your latest bakes with fellow baking aficionados.
Thank you again to everyone who participated!!
My Chocolate Cake Recipe is actually already posted on the blog if you want to get a head-start, but I will be re-sharing the recipe tomorrow complete with lots of updated tips, tricks, and a video, so be sure to check back tomorrow!
See you soon!