Skip the Reese’s — these homemade milk chocolate peanut butter cups are layered with graham crackers and marshmallow fluff for a sweet s’mores snack!
Well, we’ve made it to the weekend once again, and I don’t know about you, but I’m beat. Between the baking, the baking fails, and a super busy week at work I am ready for two days off (well, off from the day job, anyway).
Fortunately (for me), I just have a really quick (and easy) recipe to share with you today. I originally shared these S’mores Peanut Butter Cups over on Spend with Pennies, so be sure to check out the post over there for tips & tricks on how to make your own peanut butter cups — with a s’mores surprise inside.
That’s all from me today, guys. Trust me, you don’t want me trying to wring any more words out of this tired brain (things are bound to get confusing fast), so I’m just leaving you with this brief post until Monday.
Peanut Butter S'mores Cups
- 5 graham crackers
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff or homemade
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp shortening like Crisco
- Set out 20 cupcake liners on a cookie sheet (I prefer the foil kind as they are sturdier, but regular paper ones would work, too).
- Break or cut your graham crackers into rectangles that are small enough to fit snugly in the bottom of your cupcake liners (they do not have to be exactly round -- I got about 4-5 pieces out of each graham cracker)
- Spread each cracker piece with about 1 tsp of peanut butter -- set aside.
- Spoon your marshmallow fluff into a Ziploc bag and set aside.
- Prepare your chocolate by placing the chocolate chips and shortening in a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwaving in 25-second increments (stirring well between each) until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spoon a small amount (about 1 Tbsp) of chocolate into a cupcake liner until the entire bottom of the liner is covered.
- Place a peanut butter-topped graham cracker piece on top of the chocolate.
- Cut a hole in the corner of the bag holding your marshmallow fluff and pipe about 1 Tbsp of fluff on top of each cracker.
- Spoon chocolate on top of marshmallow fluff until covered (make sure the sides are covered as well).
- Repeat until all cupcake liners are filled.
- Place cookie sheet with filled liners in refrigerator and allow cups to chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
You Might Also Like: