This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MemoriesInTheBaking #CollectiveBias
These easy, no-bake candy bars are made with quick oats, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and plenty of M&M’S® Holiday Baking Minis.
Despite the fact that Halloween has just passed and Thanksgiving hasn’t even arrived yet, I’m suddenly finding myself in panic mode, scrambling to prepare for Christmas gift giving. As if it weren’t bad enough that I have to find 8 gifts for my husband and immediately family alone, my mom and two of my sisters also have birthdays between now and Christmas.
That leaves a lot of gift purchasing to be done, and not much time to do it.
So, as I’ve begun preparing holiday recipes this season, I wanted to be sure to include a few easier, faster recipes that you may wish to add to your own holiday menu, recipes that don’t consume your time, or (as a bonus) your oven space. These oats & chocolate bars can be prepped and ready in under 15 minutes and are no-bake, so you’re not even required to turn on the oven (leaving plenty of room in there for your holiday pies or cookies or Christmas ham).
But while this recipe is an easy one, it is, more importantly, a family-friendly one that can help build memories for decades to come.
When I was younger, my favorite thing about this time of the year was the baking and food-prep that came with it. When my mom would break out the red and green sprinkles for sugar cookies, it meant Christmastime was here, the season had arrived.
Now, I’m making new memories in a new home; heralding the upcoming Christmas season with red and green M&M’S® instead of sugar sprinkles and new, and very easy, recipes.
As a bonus, not only is the recipe itself easy, but all of the key ingredients (Quaker Quick Oats, M&M’S® Holiday Baking Minis, and even festive Glad® holiday packaging to store the final product in) can be conveniently found at Target, where I tend to do the majority of my gift-shopping anyway.
You can find more holiday recipes and ideas along with the great savings Quaker, Glad and Mars have to offer at Target. Check out more great recipes here!
- 12 Tbsp butter cut into Tbsp-sized pieces, 1 1/2 sticks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cup Quaker Quick Oats
- 1 cup M&M'S® Holiday Baking Minis + additional for sprinkling on top if desired
- Line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine butter, heavy cream, brown sugar and cocoa powder over medium-low heat.
- Stir frequently until butter is completely melted and contents of pot are well-combined.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once mixture begins to boil, continue to stir constantly for two minutes.
- Remove from heat, stirring frequently, and allow to cool for 2 minutes (while still stirring).
- Add vanilla extract and peanut butter and stir until well-combined.
- Stir in oats.
- Carefully stir in M&M'S® Holiday Baking Minis (try not to over-mix or you may break up the candies too much).
- Spread mixture into prepared 13x9 pan and sprinkle with additional M&M'S® Holiday Baking Minis.
- Allow to cool completely and set before cutting into bars and serving. You may place the bars in the refrigerator to speed up the process, but cutting before the bars are completely cooled will result in very crumbly bars.
You May Also Like: