Ever have one of those days where you’re craving something sweet to eat but you’re just not sure what?
Today was one of those days for me.
Enter these mini chocolate cream cheese bites.
Perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth, and it’s only 169 calories for two! Not bad 🙂
Using a box cake mix and an easy recipe for the cream cheese filling, these bites are easy to whip up quickly and without making a big mess in your kitchen.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix I used Pillsbury Devil's Food
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar to sprinkle on top of bites
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Make cake mix according to recipe on back of box except use only 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk rather than 3 full eggs.
- For filling, unwrap 8oz pkg of cream cheese and microwave in microwave-safe bowl for 40 seconds. Stir in 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp powdered sugar. Add in vanilla and stir.
- Grease a mini-cupcake tin or line with paper liners. Layer bottom of cup with about 1 Tbsp cake mixture, then about 1-2 tsp cream cheese mixture, then top with cake mixture.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in top cupcake layer comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in cupcake tins and then move to rack. Sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar. Cool completely before serving.