Dessert doesn’t get much easier than this! 5 ingredient vanilla-sprinkle truffles made with golden Oreos and cream cheese, then dipped in white chocolate.
After quite a few late-December days of torrential downpours and 70 degree weather, 2016 seems to have different plans for us weather-wise. Temperatures have plummeted and a frantic flurry of snowflakes filled the air during yesterday’s morning commute, though they dissolved before they could reach the asphalt.
It’s finally winter… or at least it finally feels like it… and I am both dreading and eagerly awaiting our first real snowfall (dreading because I have a long commute to work that’s downright terrifying when it’s snowy, and eager because I love being snowed in and cozying up inside under a blanket with a good book, or in the kitchen tweaking a new recipe).
Until the real snow comes along, I’ve some snowball lookalikes for you, some well-sprinkled truffles well-coated with white chocolate, bursting inside with sunny, golden-vanilla interiors and even more sprinkles.
Like my Oreo balls, these golden ones are insanely, laughably easy to make with just 4 ingredients for the interiors followed by a snug coat of white chocolate and some colorful trappings.
You can easily have your Oreos crushed, rolled, and dipped in under 30 minutes (even less if you don’t count the time spent waiting for them to chill!), making this one of the easiest recipes on my blog. Just be sure that you do allow your rolled truffles to chill in the freezer for the required amount of time (15-20 minutes) or you could find yourself with some messy and misshapen truffles.
While I love making classic chocolate truffles, these are a fun and much easier alternative.
So, in this time of chilly winter weather I offer you something a little wintry, appropriately cheery, entirely delicious, and very, very easy.
You can’t really go wrong with pulverized golden Oreos, cream cheese, a splash of vanilla extract, white chocolate, and lots of sprinkles.
More Recipes You Might Like:
Golden Oreo Truffles
- 1 package golden Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup nonpareils or colored sprinkles
- 12 oz white chocolate melts
- 2 -4 Tbsp Additional colored sprinkles for decoration
- Using a food processor (though you could also do this by crushing the cookies in a Ziploc bag using a rolling pin—just make sure they are crushed very fine), pulse oreos until very fine crumbs.
- In KitchenAid (or in a large bowl using an electric mixer or spoon) stir cream cheese until well-creamed.
- Stir in cookie crumbs, stirring until well-combined (pause regularly to scrape down sides of bowl).
- Stir in vanilla extract and then ¼ cup colored sprinkles.
- Roll into 1 Tbsp-sized balls and place on wax-paper lined cookie sheet.
- Transfer rolled truffles to freezer and freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Once truffles have chilled, prepare your white chocolate coating by heating it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well, then return to microwave for 15 seconds and stir afterwards. Repeat 15-second heating periods until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip truffles in melted chocolate (my preferred technique for this is to dip the bottom of the truffle in white chocolate, then balance the truffle on the width of a butter-knife blade, use a spoon to ladle chocolate evenly overtop, and then use another knife to slide the truffle back onto the wax paper) and return to wax-paper.
- Immediately after dipping each truffle, sprinkle with additional sprinkles or nonpareils
- Return to refrigerator and allow chocolate to harden before serving.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered an estimate only. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods, cooking method, portion sizes, and more.