This easy recipe comes together easily in one pan with little mess. Low effort with high payoff, these chicken breasts are stuffed and smothered with spinach artichoke dip filling and cooked amidst buttery garlic roasted potatoes. A perfect high-impact, low-effort meal for two that can be easily pulled together on a weeknight.
This is NOT a difficult meal to make.
I just want to get that out of the way ASAP because I know some of you are going to look at this spinach artichoke stuffed and smothered chicken and think it requires massive amounts of prep and work.
It doesn’t. It doesn’t even generate very many dishes: you will need a 13×9 glass baking dish, a large bowl, a cutting board, a measuring cup, and a few utensils (spoons and knives) and that is all. There is NO pounding of the chicken to flatten it out and roll it up required. None of that.
I mentioned before that I like easy dishes when it comes to dinner and this recipe is a sincere testament to that.
Little effort. Big payoff.
The filling is creamy, flavorful, and complements the chicken breast wonderfully. The garlic potatoes are roasted to perfection in puddles of golden garlic butter… all in the same pan as the chicken breast and filling.
It almost doesn’t seem right that such a complete, delicious meal can be prepared so easily and with so few dishes on a weeknight.
I must say, though, that of all of the flavor combinations that exist in the world I never envisioned that one of my absolute favorites would be the spinach and artichoke combo.
Of all things… two vegetables? Just… what?
And yet, here I am with two chicken breasts stuffed and smothered with the stuff, and I couldn’t be happier about it (maybe it has something to do with all the added cheese…).
I’d be interested to hear what flavor combinations you initially thought would be horrible that turned out to actually be quite wonderful. Salted chocolate springs to mind for me, as well.
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Garlic Potatoes (for two)Print Pin Rate
- 2-3 Russet potatoes cubed
- 3 cloves garlic divided
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 2 chicken breast
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo I use olive oil mayo to cut a few calories
- 1 cup diced artichokes drained, rinsed, patted dry and cut again into halves
- 1 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned panko or breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place butter in 13x9 baking dish and set in oven until butter is melted.
- Remove dish from oven and add cubed potatoes.
- Press 2 cloves of garlic into 13x9 pan with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir all ingredients so that potatoes are coated with butter.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes while you are preparing chicken.
- In microwave safe bowl, microwave cream cheese for about 10-15 seconds (until it can be easily stirred).
- Press the remaining clove of garlic into the mixture
- Add mayo, artichokes, spinach, mozzarella cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- Using a knife, cut a slit along the length of each chicken breast, slicing it nearly in half.
- Stuff each "pocket" with 1/4 of the spinach artichoke mixture and secure the seam with toothpicks.
- Once the potatoes have baked for 15 minutes, remove from oven and push potatoes to the center of the pan so there is room on each side of the 13x9 pan for a chicken breast. Transfer chicken breast to baking dish and use a spoon to drizzle melted butter from the pan on top of each breast. Sprinkle with panko or breadcrumbs.
- Top each chicken breast with an equal amount of the remaining spinach artichoke mixture and transfer to oven.
- Bake on 425 for about 35 minutes (until chicken is done and reaches 165F)