Rich chocolaty cookies made with cocoa powder and milk chocolate kisses! These Chocolate Lover’s Kiss Cookies are tossed in powdered sugar and are a sweet, intensely chocolaty cookie that would make a great edible gift for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day!
Fridays call for chocolate.
Maybe some wine, too, but fortunately the two generally go pretty well together. I’m not sure what your plans are for the weekend, but mine definitely include indulging in some of these Chocolate Lover’s Kiss Cookies. Maybe some relaxing to try to reboot my brain a little bit because mine is currently feeling a bit fried. I spent most of the day yesterday working on videos for my YouTube channel (and maybe you caught yesterday’s Facebook Live with my special guest?), and for some reason video just wipes. me. out.
But enough about my brain, let’s talk Chocolate Lover’s Kiss Cookies.
A cross between peanut butter blossoms and crinkle cookies, these Kiss Cookies would be a perfect rich treat for Valentine’s Day (or really any day of the year). They remind me a bit of soft chewy brownies, only in cookie form.
As you’ve probably gathered, they’re named Kiss Cookies for their Hershey’s Kiss crown that you’ll nestle in place within a minute of removing the cookies from the oven, but how appropriate for Valentine’s Day, right?
The dough does require a bit of chilling… four hours, to be exact (I know, I know!). This will keep your cookies from spreading too much in the oven, and perhaps most importantly it will make the dough rollable, as it’s too sticky once it’s first mixed up to be easily managed. I like to prepare my dough the night before I plan to make these cookies, then the next day I can just roll them out, roll them in sugar, and bake!
Alright, I’m off to find some caffeine now.
How to Make Chocolate Lover’s Kiss Cookies
Chocolate Lover's Kiss Cookies
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened (170g)
- 1½ cups sugar (300g)
- ½ cup light or dark brown sugar tightly packed (100g)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour (312g)
- 1 cup natural cocoa powder (100g)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar for rolling (250g)
- 3 dozen milk chocolate kisses unwrapped
- Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl, and use an electric mixer) and beat together until ingredients are well-creamed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring until completely combined, and then stir in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients until completely combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- After chilling, preheat oven to 350F (175C) and prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1½ Tablespoon-sized balls and roll thoroughly in powdered sugar.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake on 350F (175C) for 10-12 minutes -- take care to not over-bake.
- Within 1-2 minutes of removing cookies from oven, gently press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Allow cookies to finish cooling completely on baking sheet before enjoying.