I served this easy side dish along with my Almond Crusted Chicken and my family loved it. The carrots were perfectly tender. Adapted from Good Housekeeping.
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Slice baby carrots lengthwise
- Whisk together olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Toss baby carrots in olive oil mixture
- Evenly distribute coated baby carrots onto a jelly-roll pan (or a cookie sheet, as I used)
- Roast carrots for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Stir together sugar and vinegar, drizzle over baby carrots and toss carrots in vinegar/sugar mix until evenly coated
- Return pan to oven and roast another 8 minutes or until carrots are tender