I don’t know how to cook bacon.
At least, that’s the story I’m sticking to.
Zach, being a man and all, is constantly on a hungry rampage for anything made with bacon. If he had it his way, there would be bacon in everything I made. Every recipe I make would be “better with bacon” (yes, even the cookies and cheesecakes).
It’s just such a pain to cook! There’s all that snapping and splattering of the grease, burning of exposed forearms, smoky kitchens, and then dealing with the grease after the cooking… I’m just not a fan.
When I originally wanted to make this recipe I was going to use pre-cooked and pre-crumbled bacon (not bacon-flavored bits, but real bacon) but Zach wasn’t a fan.
So, the bacon for these photographs today is brought to you by my dear bacon-loving husband who risked the flesh on his forearms to prepare the bacon for this recipe.
And you know what he said to me when he finally tried the finished product?
“Needs more bacon.”
There’s no winning with him.
Despite that, I think you’ll find that this recipe has the perfect amount of bacon, as well as a spicy infusion of fresh jalapenos and plenty of sweet corn in gooey cheesey goodness.
Bacon Jalapeno Corn DipPrint Pin Rate
- 2 oz cans Mexicorn 11each
- 1 can supersweet yellow and white corn
- 3/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon (about 10-11 slices)
- 3 jalapenos finely chopped, seeds and stems removed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Grease sides and bottom of 9x9 dish generously with butter
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well and transfer to 9x9 dish.
- Bake on 375 until bubbly (about 25-30 minutes)